Friendly, fast service
If you have a dental emergency, we will do everything we can to get you in the same day, and as soon as possible, during our office hours. Our doctors have extensive training and can provide compassionate emergency dental care.
We’re here for you when there’s a dental emergency
Accidents happen all the time and not all of them require immediate care.
But if you’ve had an injury to your teeth, mouth or jaw, you should see a dentist right away. If you’re not sure your problem is an emergency, here’s a list of the most common ones — plus a few things you can do to minimize your pain and damage before getting to our office:
- Broken Tooth — Save any pieces of the broken tooth, then rinse your mouth out with warm water. Apply a cold compress to the area to decrease swelling and pain until you call us.
- Toothache — Rinse your mouth out with warm water. Then use dental floss to make sure there isn’t any food or other debris causing the pain. If the pain persists, call us.
- Knocked-Out Tooth — Gently rinse off the knocked out tooth without removing any attached tissue. If possible, hold the tooth in place in the socket. Otherwise, put the tooth in a glass of milk, call us, and come in right away.
- Lost Dental Filling or Dental Crown — For dental fillings, seal the area with a piece of sugarless gum or over-the-counter dental cement. If a dental crown has come loose, try to put it back in place with dental cement. If that doesn’t work, call us bring it with you.
- Dental Abscess — If you notice a painful, pimple-like swelling on your gums, rinse with salt water and immediately contact us. Dental abscesses can lead to more serious infections if not promptly treated.
- Something Stuck in Your Teeth — Carefully try to remove the object with dental floss. (Don’t use anything sharp!) If you’re unable to dislodge the object with dental floss, contact us.
Remember, if it’s a dental emergency, call our offices immediately. We’re here to help you. To make an appointment, call (757) 229-1224 or contact us online.